Can you believe it’s already been two weeks since Navigate 2015? The excitement is finally starting to wear off, and we’re getting back to business as usual here at our Boston office. If you weren’t able to attend the conference, check out this recap post.
At Navigate, I had the opportunity to work alongside other members of Continuum’s marketing team to host the Grow Your Business Genius Bar – an all-inclusive marketing support hub where we worked with more than 140 Continuum partners to conduct website and social media reviews, create custom-branded sales collateral and videos, and more. During that time, we had some great conversations around MSP sales and marketing, and captured quite a bit of feedback which we’re using to create new resources and materials designed to help MSPs be successful. If you recognize room for improvement in your marketing endeavors, the good news is that you're not alone. Here are some of the most frequently asked marketing questions we heard from MSPs at each station.
SEO & Website Analysis
- What is SEO, and how do I get started?
- What kinds of keywords should I be targeting and how do I use them?
- How can I see how I compare to competitors in terms of SEO?
- Why should I use forms on my website, and what contact information should I capture?
- How does the world wide web help me generate business locally?
Custom Content Creation
- How can I get more employees at my company to contribute content?
- What content pieces should I start on first?
- How do I build my brand?
- How do I budget time to actually create this content?
- I'm not blogging, but should I be?
- Is there a way I can reuse content?
Social Media Management
- What types of content should I be sharing across my social profiles
- How do I get started and build a scalable plan?
- Which channels should I be on, and which ones should I prioritize ahead of others?
- Who should I follow on social?
White Label Video
- What is the value of video?
- How do I host videos?
- Where should I post videos?
- What video analytics should I be tracking?
- How can I produce a video on a low budget?
These are all great questions, and ones we'll be covering in upcoming blog content. In the meantime, if you have a particular question you'd like answered, drop us a note below. We'll be sure to consider it as a potential blog post!
Grow Your Business Collection
For now, we’re also excited to share three of our most popular best practices eBooks, all of which are designed to help you be successful in your marketing, sales and business efforts!
Dodging Danger: 5 Hidden MSP Pitfalls (and How to Avoid Them)
In the world of managed IT services, things never really seem to slow down. And when you’re constantly running at full-speed, it’s easy to overlook certain risks and challenges that can put your success at risk. The good news is that these pitfalls both start and end with you – meaning you can avoid them if you know what to look for. This eBook outlines five of today’s most common MSP pitfalls, and provides real-world tips you can leverage to dodge these dangers. Download this eBook!
MSP Guide to Managed Services SLAs
Ensuring that your clients understand the scope of your services is critical, and a well-written service-level agreement (SLA) can help you do just that. This guide explores the keys to a successful SLA, what should be included, and more! Get the guide!
The Complete Guide to MSP Marketing
Effective marketing is a challenge for businesses of any size and industry today, and MSPs are no exception. Technology and service delivery are certainly at the core of any modern MSP portfolio - but without effective marketing, it can be very difficult to grow the business and break into new markets.
The Complete Guide to MSP Marketing contains everything you need to develop a basic understanding of some of today’s most important marketing concepts – including inbound and outbound marketing, engagement marketing, how to identify your target market, and more!