82 percent of small- and medium-sized businesses claim they're not targets for attacks as they don't have anything worth stealing.
If you struggle to successfully sell your managed security services offering, chances are your prospects and clients underestimate the need for consistent, vigilant monitoring and maintenance. They think what they're currently doing is enough. In fact, when discussing the business-crippling threat of a data compromise or data loss, you've likely heard the following objections:
- That will never happen to me.
- It's a risk I'm willing to take.
The sad truth is that potential clients hold these beliefs because there's a widespread lack of cybersecurity education and awareness in the workplace today. In Cybersecurity Tips for Employees: The Complete Guide to Secure Behavior Online and in the Office, our newest eBook, we help MSPs bridge that gap by providing a comprehensive overview of threats and best practices with physical, email, account management, mobile and website browsing security.
Are your contacts playing into hackers' hands without even knowing it?
Take a Peak Before Downloading!
Here is a brief excerpt from a chapter detailing username and password management strategies:
Eight Tips to Strengthen Password Security
- Change passwords at least every three months for non-administrative users and 45-60 days for admin accounts.
- Use different passwords for each login credential.
- Avoid generic accounts and shared passwords.
- Conduct audits periodically to identify weak/duplicate passwords and change as necessary.
- Pick challenging passwords that include a combination of letters (upper and lower case), numbers and special characters (e.g. <$>, <%> and <&>).
- Avoid personal information such as birth dates, pet names and sports.
- Use passwords or passphrases of 12+ characters.
- Use a Password Manager such as LastPass where users need just one master password.
- Don’t use a browser’s auto-fill function for passwords.
You can find and share more actionable lists like this one when you download Cybersecurity Tips for Employees: The Complete Guide to Secure Behavior Online and in the Office.
When your prospects and clients read this eBook, they'll have a better appreciation for the expanding threat landscape and how it's jeopardizing their companies' data. Not only that, they'll discover that they can depend on you for data protection technology, education and expertise. Now that's a winning cybersecurity combination they can't deny!
Download your eBook now!